19 Oct Joe’s Sea Scallops with a lime-cilantro
Posted at 01:09h
- 4-8 large sea scallops
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 serrano chile, minced
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 c. sake, white wine or white vermouth
- 1/4 c. cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- olive oil
- Pat dry scallops thoroughly and set aside.
- in small saucepan, heat 1-2 tsp. olive oil to medium hot. Add shallot, chile, and garlic and sizzle 2-3 minutes, just enough to soften.
- Add sake or wine and lime juice. Let it bubble away over medium-high heat until reduced by about half.
- A Add cilantro and continue cooking for another minute or two.
- Put reduction in small blender jar and puree. Keep warm.
- Start heating a heavy skilet for searing the scallops.
- Drizzle a little olive oil onto scallops and rub to coat.
- When pan is almost hot enough to smoke, add scallops. Sear twO minutes per side, serve immediately